Saturday, November 26, 2016

Staying at Home


I think with the world becoming more and more wicked it would be wise to consider homeschooling our children.  Women should have an education (knowledge) so that they can teach their children if needs be. It has been said that mothers obtaining a degree or completing a higher education is a waste of money and time. I do not agree with that statement. I am currently working towards a degree in Marriage and Family Studies; how would that degree not help my current marriage and future family? 
Now back to the topic of homeschooling. We as a society send our children to school to learn but it just seems as though it is torture for the child and teacher. Receiving meaningless homework assignments and having your child be taught “values” by another adult. I think that with homeschooling the child will really have a desire to learn because it’s not “just what the school district is making them learn”. Their children are also being taught by someone who loves them and has an actual desire to help them improve and learn. 


If you would like to know some more benefits on homeschooling you can read, The Brainy Bunch by Kip and Mona Lisa Harding is a book about how to succeed in homeschooling. I have not read this book personally but I have heard it is fantastic (its on my to-read book list).

No comments:

Post a Comment